I've been working through a big bag reduced from £1.95 to just 25p and am coming to the end of them now - cut away the bad bits and they're still perfectly edible!
So tonight's dinner was a Spanish-style tortilla - here's how I made it:
1) Par-boil some sliced potatoes.
2) Beat up half a dozen eggs in a large mixing bowl.
3) Chop an onion, fresh green chilli and red chilli. Soften them in a large frying pan over a low heat in some olive oil.
4) Once the potatoes are tender, drain and add to the eggs in the mixing bowl.
5) Add the onion and chilli and mix until everything is well coated.
6) Poor the mixture back in the hot frying pan. After a minute or so turn the heat down to low and leave to cook for 5-10 minutes.
7) Using a plate or frying pan lid, place over the tortilla and turn the pan over. Slide the tortilla back in to the pan to cook the other side.
8) Leave for another 5-10 minutes and then cut into thick slices and serve with some chopped coriander of fresh herb of your choice scattered over the top.
I'd usually serve this with lemon wedges and salad but as we had some #SOS tenderstem broccoli on the go we decided to use it instead and it actually went quite nicely with the tortilla. I'd also usually add a red pepper into the tortilla mix but forgot tonight!
Grand total for tonight's dinner = £1.60! #SOS potatoes, chilli and broccoli made for a very cheap dinner! We were rather hungry so ate the whole lot between us but you could easily serve this for four people for lunch which would be 40p per portion.
With all this money we're saving I reckon it's time for a treat so off out to dinner tomorrow night - although you will be pleased to know it will still actually be cut-price using a Groupon deal!