|Simple Spicy Meatballs|
This is a really quick and easy recipe I've come up with for meatballs and when I spotted some reduced on the shelf from £2.50 to £1.75 I thought it was a good time to roll out my faithful recipe once again. Not the highest of reductions ever in terms of #SOS bargains, but still a pretty decent discount and with the other ingredients worked out as dinner for two and lunch for one the next day for £2.50 - not bad!
Here's my simple spicy meatballs recipe:
1) Brown the meatballs in a frying pan with a little oil.
2) Drain off the oil.
3) Chop an onion, garlic clove and a fresh chilli (I have some #SOS ones on the go at the mo reduced from 60p to 19p!). You can use dried chilli seeds if you haven't got fresh. Soften in a saucepan with a little oil.
4) Add a teaspoon of ground coriander, a teaspoon of ground cumin and some chopped up fresh coriander stalk (keeping the leaves for later).
5) Add a tin of chopped tomatoes and the meatballs.
6) Simmer for approx 15 minutes.
7) Add a couple of handfuls of frozen peas and cook for another two minutes or so.
8) Serve with pasta and sprinkle over the coriander leaves to finish.
Simple spicy meatballs - DONE!