Wednesday 8 August 2012

Kiss cakes - Quick, easy (and cheap!) biscuit recipe

Kiss cakes
Now, I'm not quite sure why these are called kiss cakes, but that's what they've always been referred to as in our household and, as it's my mum's recipe, I'm not going to argue! Kiss cakes are more shortbread-esque biscuits than cakes, so if you like melt-in-the-mouth style buttery biccies then these are for you!

I didn't use any #SOS ingredients for these but they are as cheap as chips to make and came out at around £1.50 for 20 when I made them at the weekend.

Ingredients:
8oz butter
2oz icing sugar
6oz plain flour
2oz cornflour
Glace cherries

1) Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4-5/180-190C.
2) Line baking trays with baking paper.
3) Cream together the butter and icing sugar together in a mixing bowl.
4) Gradually add the flour and cornflour.
5) Beat lightly for a few minutes until thoroughly mixed.

6) Teaspoon the mixture, form into balls and place on the baking tray. The kiss cakes spread as they cook so do leave some room around each one.
7) Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until they turn a light golden brown.
8) When cool sprinkle with icing sugar and add half a glace cherry.
9) Alternatively, put jam and cream between two kiss cakes for a double whammy!

I love kiss cakes - they take me back to my childhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment