Monday 20 August 2012

Livening up my lunchbox - spicy noodle salad!

Spicy noodle salad

I have lots of #SOS veg to use up at the moment and seeing as I seem to have piled on the pounds in the past few weeks (no swimming post-operation!) I thought I would get tomorrow's lunchbox sorted in advance. Something colourful, crunchy and tasty will hopefully help me avoid the mid-afternoon choc o'clock cravings!

Here's how to make it:

1) Boil some noodles and drain, rinsing in cold water to cool them down.
2) Chop up some red pepper and carrots into thin strips.
3) Finely slice a spring onion.
4) Slice and boil a few mange tout and baby sweetcorn for 2-3 minutes so they're still crunchy - rinse with cold water to cool.
5) Drizzle a little sesame oil into the noodles so they don't stick together and to also add an extra flavour kick.
6) Throw everything into a bowl and give it a good old mix.
7) Add a dash of soy sauce, a squeeze of fresh lime and a dollop of sweet chilli sauce (I always have some sweet chilli sauce in the fridge - it makes a great dressing!).
8) Sprinkle some sesame seeds over the top.
9) Chop up some fresh coriander leaves and sprinkle over to serve.

Really looking forward to my lunch tomorrow now! Fingers crossed my first post-work swim for a month and avoiding the choc o'clock cravings will start to see the pounds drifting away!

No comments:

Post a Comment