Friday 3 August 2012

Limoncello syllabub with blackberry coulis

Limoncello syllabub with blackberry coulis


Oh my, this was a good one - Mr Kate said it was the best thing I've ever made! Happy with that review, I have to say - and happier there's another two left in the fridge!


I hunter gathered some #SOS blackberries earlier in the week with a rather impressive reduction from £2 to just 20p. A few days later and they're still as fresh as if I'd bought them today - so to those folks who are scared of eating things after the date has passed there really is no need! If there's no mould and they're not squidgy then give 'em a go!


Here's how I made this delight!


For the coulis:


1) Place a 200g punnet of blackberries in a saucepan and add 40g of golden caster sugar and 80ml of water.
2) Bring to the boil then simmer for five minutes or so until the fruit is soft.
3) Whizz it all up with a hand blender and leave to cool.


For the limoncello syllabub I used this fab recipe from BBC Good Food (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3566/limoncello-syllabub-with-crushed-amaretti):


1) Zest and juice two lemons, keeping some zest aside for serving.
2) Add 75ml of limoncello to the lemon juice.
3) Pour 300ml of double cream into a large bowl, add 100g of caster sugar (I used normal sugar!) and whip it up.
4) Add the lemon mixture and whip until thick.
5) Pop in the fridge for an hour or so.


I then poured coulis into some glasses and layered the syllabub on top. And bloomin' gorgeous it was too!


An #SOS triumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment