|Stewed peaches with custard and amaretti biscuits|
It's been a quiet few days on the shelfing front as I'm trying to run down the freezer to make room for the arrival of a mystery bargain buy... more of that to come in a future blog!
In the meantime, Mr Kate did treat me to this rather lovely creation using some #SOS fresh custard (£1.69 to 45p) and some peaches that needed using up. For something so cheap it really did make a lovely dessert and, with his smart presentation, wouldn't have been out of place at a dinner party.
Here's his recipe:
1) Chop some peaches (allow approx two per person).
2) Put the peaches in a pan on a low heat and add a sprinkling of sugar, a healthy glug of orange juice and a splash of white wine (optional).
3) Cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the peaches are soft but still retaining their shape.
4) Pop a few mini amaretti biscuits in the bottom of the serving dishes (Mr Kate used glasses) or if you have large biscuits break them in two.
5) Layer the fruit on top followed by warm custard.
6) Crumble some more amaretti biscuits on the top to serve.
Delish! Mr Kate can make this one again!